Mens Order Of Merit
North East District Mens Order of Merit 2019
In association with Thistle Kitchens the 2019 North East District Men’s Order of Merit has been revamped to include an end of season “Race to Meldrum House” competition where the top 24 players on the Order of Merit on 16th September will be invited to play a final 18 holes at Meldrum House on Sunday 22nd September 2019.
Nick Robson, CEO of Thistle Windows, Kitchens & Bathrooms has very kindly agreed to sponsor the “Race to Meldrum House” event with approximately £2,000 of vouchers available to the top 10 finishers in the final Order of Merit table.
The whole idea behind this revamp of the Order of Merit is to increase the numbers competing in local Open Tournaments and with increased numbers it is hoped it will add to the quality of the field and the standard of players taking part. It will also encourage younger players to compete on a regular basis with some of the top players in the area and for them to gain from the experience of watching and playing alongside seasoned campaigners.
- Qualification for Meldrum House will be the top 24 points scorers on the North East District Order of Merit on 16th September 2019.
- Points will be awarded to the top 10 Scratch scorers at the Open Tournaments selected as qualifying events for the North East District Order of Merit.
- In order to score Order of Merit points a player MUST be a member of a Club affiliated to the North East District.
- Entry to any of the qualifying events MUST be made direct to the organising Club or organisation.
- Allocation of points will be the responsibility of the North East District.
- The final 18 hole competition at Meldrum House will have a separate prize fund for the best scores on the day.
- Double points will be allocated for the Meldrum House event and included in the final Order of Merit table.
- 18 Hole tournament – 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
- 36 Hole tournament – 30, 24, 20, 16, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2.
- 72 Hole tournament – 45, 36, 30, 24, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3.