Mens Order Of Merit
North East District Mens Order of Merit 2020
Following the success of the end of season “Race to Meldrum House” last year the top 24 players on the 2020 Men’s Order of Merit after the Royal Aberdeen Open on 13th September will be invited to play a final 18 holes at Meldrum House on Sunday 20th September 2020.
Nick Robson, CEO of Thistle Windows, Kitchens & Bathrooms has very kindly agreed to sponsor the “Race to Meldrum House” event in 2020 and hopefully we can build on the success of last year with greater competition for places at the end of season finale.
The whole idea behind the revamp of the Order of Merit was to increase the numbers competing in local Open Tournaments and with increased numbers it is hoped it will add to the quality of the field and the standard of players taking part. It will also encourage younger players to compete on a regular basis with some of the top players in the area and for them to gain from the experience of watching and playing alongside seasoned campaigners.
- Qualification for Meldrum House will be the top 24 points scorers on the North East District Order of Merit on 13th September 2020.
- Points will be awarded to the top 10 Scratch scorers at the Open Tournaments selected as qualifying events for the North East District Order of Merit.
- In order to score Order of Merit points a player MUST be a member of a Club affiliated to the North East District.
- Entry to any of the qualifying events MUST be made direct to the organising Club or organisation.
- Allocation of points will be the responsibility of the North East District.
- To be confirmed.