Mens Order Of Merit
North East District Men’s Order of Merit 2021
Following the success of the end of season “Race to Meldrum House” in 2019 the top 18 players on the 2021 Men’s Order of Merit after the Royal Aberdeen Open on 26th September will be invited to play a final 18 holes at Murcar Links on Sunday 10th October 2021.
Nick Robson, CEO of Thistle Windows, Kitchens & Bathrooms has very kindly agreed to sponsor the “Race to Murcar Links” event in 2021 and hopefully we can build on the success of 2019 now that we have recovered from the Covid-19 pandemic.
The whole idea behind the revamp of the Order of Merit was to increase the numbers competing in local Open Tournaments and with increased numbers it is hoped it will add to the quality of the field and the standard of players taking part. It will also encourage younger players to compete on a regular basis with some of the top players in the area and for them to gain from the experience of watching and playing alongside seasoned campaigners.
- Qualification for Murcar Links will be the top 18 points scorers on the North East District Order of Merit on 26th September 2021.
- Points will be awarded to the top 10 Scratch scorers at the Open Tournaments selected as qualifying events for the North East District Order of Merit.
- In order to score Order of Merit points a player MUST be a member of a Club affiliated to the North East District.
- Entry to any of the qualifying events MUST be made direct to the organising Club or organisation.
- Allocation of points will be the responsibility of the North East District.
For an 18 hole competition the points will be allocated as follows:-
- 15 – 12 – 10 – 8 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1
- For 36 hole events they will be doubled and for the N E Open 72 Hole event they will be trebled.
Race to Murcar Links – Sunday 10th October 2021 – top 18 players in the 2021 Order of Merit qualified to play in the “Race to Murcar Links” sponsored by Thistle Kitchens & Bathrooms and the results can be accessed by clicking on the undernoted link !